Senior Reliability Engineer | Ryder | Miami, FL
This position supports the deployment of engineering processes for designed areas through the implementation of recognized performance management standards, engineering strategies and comprehensive data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 (five) years experience in process or operations management
- Experience developing comprehensive and complex engineering network, labor and inventory optimization models
- Experience in Data Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, Mixed Model Flow / Pull and other process improvement experience
- Experience in facility layout, time studies/productivity analysis, solution validation
- Master Degree preferred
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Strong analytical, research, mathematical modeling and forecasting skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and planning skills
- Ability to work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results
- Ability to manage multiple projects to timelines
- Understanding of relational database
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to conduct reliablity analysis to monitor vehicle quality.
- Must be experienced with conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions based on results.
- Must have familiarity with Weibull Analysis, MTFF, MTBF.
- Must be able to use reliability data to optimization warranty programs.
- Support the process that identifies significant improvement opportunities to support division and corporate objectives
- Support the preparation and dissemination of performance management reports for use by Maintenance Operations and assist management in their interpretation and application to improve performance
- Act as a liaison between Maintenance Standards & Engineering team, Operations and Quality Assurance (Audit) organizations for purposes of evaluating and conducting labor productivity and technology improvement projects
- Collect, organize and evaluate organization data to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve quality and productivity
- Support engineering programs, establishing and maintaining high performance standards, procedures and controls
- Support engineering deployment using fundamentals of Industrial Engineering
- Support the development of technology initiatives designed to improve the performance of maintenance operations across the network
- Support the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics to improve accountability to customers
- Support the design of work planning and work load management models to optimize total labor hours required to serve the revenue earning fleet
- Support the design, development and implementation of a planned maintenance (labor and parts) strategy utilizing on board telematics technology
- Identify best practices to adopt new and emerging technologies to improve productivity at all levels
- Support the engineering analysis on Labor and Parts management, Network Design and Quality Initiatives to direct improvement of cost, quality and productivity
- Participate on Kaizen and Six Sigma teams, as required
- Support the development of standards of performance based on process innovation and best-in-class practices
- Document procedures to implement process changes
- Provide guidance and technical knowledge on process and engineering projects
- Track project status, cost savings, training, certification and events by project or account
- Review and report on performance against operational objectives and project success factors
- Support the development and implementation of the operational goal setting process
- Ensure the integrity of performance systems and reports
- Coordinate activities with other maintenance and corporate analysis staffs
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2008921-1853-3135