Chevrolet to Celebrate American Ingenuity on Woodward
DETROIT, 2015-08-10 – Chevrolet is marking its fifth year as the presenting sponsor of the Woodward Dream Cruise, the world’s largest single-day car enthusiast event, drawing more than 1.5 million enthusiasts annually from around the world.
Chevrolet will have displays in key locations along the famed Woodward Avenue including:
- Chevrolet is hosting Volt owners and their guests for a Volt Silent Cruise on Tuesday, August 11. Owners will meet at the Kingsley Inn in Bloomfield Hills at 6 p.m. and depart to silently cruise Woodward Avenue at 7 p.m. Representatives from marketing and engineering will attend to talk with customers and show off the next-generation Volt.
- GM Design will host the sixth annual Design on Woodward car show on Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Northwood Plaza on the southwest corner of Woodward and 13 Mile Road. The show will feature more than 100 personal vehicles owned by members of the GM design team.
- The Chevrolet Performance display, located at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road, will be open on Thursday, August 13 and Friday, August 14 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Saturday, August 15 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Multiple performance vehicles fresh off the Hot Rod Power Tour, a selection of Chevrolet Performance parts and accessories, and an IndyCar vehicle will be on display. Linda Vaughn, ambassador and promoter of various forms of American motor racing, will sign autographs Friday 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2:30-4 p.m., and Saturday 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:30-3 p.m.
- On Saturday, Aug. 15 – the official day of the Cruise – Chevrolet’s display at the junction of Woodward Avenue and Old Woodward Avenue in Birmingham, Mich. will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The display will have Chevrolet’s full line of vehicles, including:
- The all-new 2016 Camaro coupe and convertible
- The 2016 Volt with an all-new second-generation Voltec extended-range electric propulsion system that delivers 53 miles of pure EV range, based on EPA testing, a nearly a 40-percent improvement over the first-generation Volt.
- A coupe and convertible version of the 1955 Bel Air celebrating the iconic design’s 60th anniversary
Chevrolet will also sponsor the Camaro Corral at the Pleasant Ridge City Hall, 23925 Woodward Ave. Up to 150 Camaros owned by Camaro Club members will be on display starting at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
For those making their rounds up and down the strip, the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad will be on duty for the fourth year in a row. Six Chevrolet Silverados will cruise Woodward to lend assistance to any make of classic cruiser that stalls, overheats or runs out of gas. The trucks are supported by the Metro Detroit Chevrolet Dealers, who provide ASE-certified technicians.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling around 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
SOURCE: General Motors, Co.